WELCOME to the new Forum of the, ‘Phylogeny Explorer Project’!
Well, Forum doesn’t quite cover it anymore. We grew up and made a Website that has just about everything in it and we can expand even more if needed. What do we have to offer?:
I think this speaks for itself, but this Forum comes with lots of features and sections (public, invite and private).
We can make blogs. This post is one. Loyalty - only sponsors and people that contribute in some way to the project are allowed to fully access them, but routine updates will be available to all.
We have a fully functioning store where you can buy products, services and/or digital merchandise. We are going to build this slowly.
We have a dedicated/special section where media files can be uploaded and organised. There’s a special, hidden section for project related media too, which is not public. We are even allowing people to sell their digital goods. When you do this you are sponsoring us.
You can upload images to our gallery. We can then use the images on the project if needed.
What does not belong in the Forums, we can turn into interesting articles. Think of a post that is written with care, that we can promote to an Article for more exposure.
We have a calendar where we can add important or project related itinerary. What people find interesting, we can even make special calendars that are for dedicated topics only.
It is also possible to subscribe to us. You will get more Private Mail in return or bigger avatars and even more space for uploads.
It’s now also possible to make donations. You can even choose where (what aspect of the project) the donations will go to.
We have an activity stream where you can follow what has been happening on this site, you can even customize it.
What is still in development?
Well, as Administrator, a website is never done; there is always new suggestions, ideas, updates and one more thing on the list to do. But major upcoming projects here are:
· Tutorials that are being written and made into bite-sized video's (to inclusively help everyone to get around).
· Making access more available to people with disabilities or difficulties, be it sight, hearing, dexterity, mobility, dyslexia, cerebral or other impairments.
· A section where people’s contributions are recognised, or work promoted.
· There are many other, largely educational projects (branches/subclades) within the overall project and information will be added on these in time.
· If you are interested in contributing your time or skills in any of a range of things – many do not require skills, then a new section which lists all available jobs, roles and positions will be added. These include everything on the project, not just social media, so data entry, developers, admins etc. Please note that we have a pretty full showing on the social media front (all linked at the bottom here) and we need people to monitor, moderate and admin them, as well as be able (or learn/to be trained) to work behind the scenes on them.
Don't like the colour theme of the forums? Go to the foot of this pasge and change the theme.
If you want to volunteer, contact @brachiosteve or go to our Facebook Group or Page (Links below in the footer).