Welcome to Phylogeny Explorer Project Forum

Welcome to Phylogeny Explorer Project Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Phylogeny Explorer Project Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Kevin

question

Question

Guest Kevin

Is Phylogeny Explorer trustworthy meaning is this site made by experts or amateurs? I'm not trying to be rude if anyone takes this as a rude question.

3 answers to this question

Hi Kevin. I’m not sure I see this as a rude question, but questions are all about motives, and I would ask it in a different way if I were just curious about who is involved. As it stands, there are so many different ways to answer this (which I am happy to elaborate on), so to save some time, I will let you explain your question a bit more, and then I will hopefully be able to answer it.

Guest Kevin

I'm sorry about the broadness of the question. I'v decided on a more specific question that hopefully you will be able to answer. Are you using another site and copying information from that site to this site but changing the format into a evolutionary tree? Where does the information from this site come from?

Hi Kevin. You are not restricted to just one question.

All data we use is sourced and/or researched manually from a range of resources by volunteer teams of project scientists and enthusiasts alike, with editorial/Quality controls.

Having said that, we shall be utilising more sites as well as larger public access ones and technology to import them to our tree.

We are always looking for volunteers in a range of positions, including scientists and phylogenetic data analysts to help sort and resolve clade relationships, which is just one of many factors that will make us unique. We are happy to link and promote other good resources and/or collaborate in various ways. We intend to produce an accurate, quality programme which will be peer reviewed where possible (or noted where not and why).

The programme is largely off line whilst we complete a new database, which we will then transfer and import data and a new set of information, so with user testing, it may be offline to the public for a while longer.

Are you such a potential volunteer, Kevin and/or are you coming from a different perspective?

Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines